Does any file in Plone install dir show which version of Plone that is installed

P3riksson P3riksson

Does any file in Plone install dir show which version of Plone that is installed

Hi all, I have a crashed server with an ancient version of Plone installed. I do not remember which version it is and need to find out if it is a pre Plone 2.5 or not to be able to upgrade correctly. I want to install version 4.
Is any file in the Plone install dir showing the version number installed?

Greatful for any help that will help me restoring my server

//Patrick
Philip Kilner Philip Kilner

Re: Does any file in Plone install dir show which version of Plone that is installed

Hi Patrick,

On 15/04/14 19:04, P3riksson wrote:
> Hi all, I have a crashed server with an ancient version of Plone installed. I
> do not remember which version it is and need to find out if it is a pre
> Plone 2.5 or not to be able to upgrade correctly. I want to install version
> 4.
> Is any file in the Plone install dir showing the version number installed?

Have a look for [instance]/Products/CMFPlone/version.txt.

If you don't have a Products folder, you are probably on a later version
which uses buildout. In that case, have a look at
[instance]/buildout.cfg and look for the lines that look something like: -

# If you change your Plone version, you'll also need to update
# the repository below.
find-links +=
    http://dist.plone.org/release/4.1.6

If you are on version 2.5, I /think/ you will need to migrate in stages
to get to 4.x, and you will also need to consider the availability of
any add on products under the releases you need to upgrade to (or
through, for that matter).

HTH

PhilK

e: [hidden email] - m: 07775 796 747

'work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation'
- alasdair gray