Different portal-header background per folder

Enzo Cesanelli-4 Enzo Cesanelli-4

Different portal-header background per folder

I'd like to have a different image as portal-header background, one per
folder.
I hoped it could be possible via magic acquisition of Zope putting an image
in each folder but it looks not so simple.
So what I need to do a similar task?
Any clue?

Best regards,
Enzo

Erik Forsberg-6 Erik Forsberg-6

Re: Different portal-header background per folder

Enzo Cesanelli <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'd like to have a different image as portal-header background, one per
> folder.
> I hoped it could be possible via magic acquisition of Zope putting an image
> in each folder but it looks not so simple.
> So what I need to do a similar task?
> Any clue?

The reason for this is probably that CSS points to an absolute URL for
the background image.

If you insert something like this:

#portal-logo {
    background: url(&dtml-logoName;) no-repeat;
}

..in a CSS file that overrides the default ones, for example the
ploneCustom, or a new one registered in the CSS registry of Plone 2.1,
it will probably work better. Don't forget to make sure you've
reloaded the CSS, if nothing happends.

Be warned that I'm doing some guessing here.. :-)

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                 http://efod.se
GPG/PGP Key: 1024D/0BAC89D9

Enzo Cesanelli-4 Enzo Cesanelli-4

Re: Re: Different portal-header background per folder

> Enzo Cesanelli <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> I'd like to have a different image as portal-header background, one per
>> folder.
>> I hoped it could be possible via magic acquisition of Zope putting an image
>> in each folder but it looks not so simple.
>> So what I need to do a similar task?
>> Any clue?
>
> The reason for this is probably that CSS points to an absolute URL for
> the background image.
>
> If you insert something like this:
>
> #portal-logo {
>     background: url(&dtml-logoName;) no-repeat;
> }
>
> ..in a CSS file that overrides the default ones, for example the
> ploneCustom, or a new one registered in the CSS registry of Plone 2.1,
> it will probably work better. Don't forget to make sure you've
> reloaded the CSS, if nothing happends.
>
> Be warned that I'm doing some guessing here.. :-)
>
> \EF

Thanks Erik, I tried as you suggested (refreshing css of course) but Plone
ignores the particular image in the folder and takes in consideration only
the image in the upper level (in the root or in the custom layer).
Anyway thanks for guessing :)

Enzo Cesanelli-4 Enzo Cesanelli-4

Re: Re: Different portal-header background per folder

>> Enzo Cesanelli <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>>> I'd like to have a different image as portal-header background, one per
>>> folder.
>>> I hoped it could be possible via magic acquisition of Zope putting an image
>>> in each folder but it looks not so simple.
>>> So what I need to do a similar task?
>>> Any clue?
>>
>> The reason for this is probably that CSS points to an absolute URL for
>> the background image.
>>
>> If you insert something like this:
>>
>> #portal-logo {
>>     background: url(&dtml-logoName;) no-repeat;
>> }
>>
>> ..in a CSS file that overrides the default ones, for example the
>> ploneCustom, or a new one registered in the CSS registry of Plone 2.1,
>> it will probably work better. Don't forget to make sure you've
>> reloaded the CSS, if nothing happends.
>>
>> Be warned that I'm doing some guessing here.. :-)
>>
>> \EF
>
> Thanks Erik, I tried as you suggested (refreshing css of course) but Plone
> ignores the particular image in the folder and takes in consideration only
> the image in the upper level (in the root or in the custom layer).
> Anyway thanks for guessing :)

Finally I found a working solution reading a past post and applying the
trick used for the portal logo.
If anyone had lost it like me...
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user/19519/

David Bourgeois David Bourgeois

Re: Re: Different portal-header background per folder

You can use the automated section generation on each folder. The source
code contains a class="section-front-page" or section-folder for whatever
folder you're in so you can change css according to the section you're in:
.section-front-page #portal-top {
     background: url(http://address.of.image.jpg) no-repeat;
}

Look at the source code of you page to get the .section-xxx class

david