Quantcast

Dexterity Developer Manual - WebDAV

Gerhard Weis Gerhard Weis

Dexterity Developer Manual - WebDAV

Hey,

I just tried adding dexterity content via WebDAV. The small snippets in section 6.15 WebDAV and other file representations where very helpful.

http://plone.org/products/dexterity/documentation/manual/developer-manual/advanced/webdav-and-other-file-representations

However, I believe the part about custom IFileFactory could use a small enhancement.

In my code I had to change the call

session = createObject('example.conference.session')

session = createObject('example.conference.session', id=name)

else the newly created content object is not getting an id at all.

I guess this happens, because there is no NameChooser being called during WebDAV content creation, which should not be done anyway, but because of this the id needs to be set upfront.

cheers

Gerhard
Martin Aspeli Martin Aspeli

Re: Dexterity Developer Manual - WebDAV

Hi,

On 18 October 2011 00:58, Gerhard Weis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey,

I just tried adding dexterity content via WebDAV. The small snippets in section 6.15 WebDAV and other file representations where very helpful.

http://plone.org/products/dexterity/documentation/manual/developer-manual/advanced/webdav-and-other-file-representations

However, I believe the part about custom IFileFactory could use a small enhancement.

In my code I had to change the call

session = createObject('example.conference.session')

session = createObject('example.conference.session', id=name)

else the newly created content object is not getting an id at all.

I guess this happens, because there is no NameChooser being called during WebDAV content creation, which should not be done anyway, but because of this the id needs to be set upfront.

I went to update this, but guessing someone else just did? :)

MartinĀ