Quantcast

Creating new content type based on the default 'File' type - appending '/view' to listed items in folder

richardc richardc

Creating new content type based on the default 'File' type - appending '/view' to listed items in folder

Hi,

I've used the following guidelines to create a new content item based on the default 'File' type. This works nicely, except when listed under the the view or contents tab of a folder, the URLs of the uploaded items for the new content type are missing the '/view' suffix. This means that clicking on a listed item does not go to a view display of the item but instead attempts to open/download the file.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to append '/view' to the URLs of the listed items.

Thanks,
Richard

Guidelines: http://www.uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/docs/how-tos/how-to-add-an-item-to-the-add-new-menu
Marcos Romero Marcos Romero

Re: Creating new content type based on the default 'File' type - appending '/view' to listed items in folder

Hi, Richard

Check chapter 5 of Plone 3 Products Development Cookbook.
Fortunatelly, there's an online free version of it in Packt website:

http://www.packtpub.com/article/creating-custom-content-type-paster-plone-3

See the section "Changing the base class in paster content types".

You have to modify the View action in your content type xml file.

Regards

Marcos F. Romero
Responsable de Desarrollo
Inter-Cultura

[hidden email]
www.inter-cultura.com
+54 11 4542-8299

Raphael Ritz-3 Raphael Ritz-3

On 3/5/12 5:12 AM, richardc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've used the following guidelines to create a new content item based on the
> default 'File' type. This works nicely, except when listed under the the
> view or contents tab of a folder, the URLs of the uploaded items for the new
> content type are missing the '/view' suffix. This means that clicking on a
> listed item does not go to a view display of the item but instead attempts
> to open/download the file.
>
> I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to append '/view' to the URLs of
> the listed items.

In ZMI look for portal_properties -> site_properties
There should be a property called

   typesUseViewActionInListings

Add your type to the list there.

Does that make a difference?

     Raphael

> Thanks,
> Richard
>
> Guidelines:
> http://www.uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/docs/how-tos/how-to-add-an-item-to-the-add-new-menu

richardc richardc

Re: Creating new content type based on the default 'File' type - appending '/view' to listed items in folder

Many thanks Raphael,

Works fine now.

Richard