Cookies error on Windows PC

Larry Pitcher-4 Larry Pitcher-4

Cookies error on Windows PC

Hi all,

I am getting a message on my login_form page that says "Cookies are not
enabled. You must enable cookies before you can log in."

This happens when I try to login with IE but _not_ with FF.

The site in question is on a Windows XP Pro box that is a member of a
Windows domain.

The site was built with the Plone 2.1 Windows installer and I just
installed the Plone 2.1.1 Products and upgraded in the ZMI.
I have substituted SessionCrumbler (SVN) for the CookieCrumbler.

I had the same behavior before upgrading Plone and installing
SessionCrumbler.

I can login to the ZMI on port 8080 without a problem in IE.

The same IE browser can login to another Plone 2.1.1 site on a WinXP
Home box without errors. This other site is on a box that is not a
domain member.

Is there some issue with login cookies and Windows domain members?

Since all of my intranet users are using IE it is kind of important for
them to be able to login with that browser ;-)

I am currently working on the site with FF, but that's just me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Pitcher

Internet Product Manager
Baker Boyer Bank
509.526.1429

Geoff Davis-3 Geoff Davis-3

Re: Cookies error on Windows PC

The test for cookies works like this:

* On the login page, a javascript method sets a session cookie, checks its
value, then unsets it and checks its value.

* If the method is unable to either set or unset the cookie, you will get
the error in question.

I haven't encountered any problems of the form you describe on Windows, so
I can't help much with debugging.  I suggest you grab the MS script
debugger and step through the javascript in question to see what the
problem is.

The method to look at is cookiesEnabled in
CMFPlone/skins/plone_ecmascript/login.js

I have no idea what side effects (if any) SessionCrumbler might have.

Geoff