Buildout and fearsome system-wide Distribute upgrade loop: solution available

Mikko Ohtamaa Mikko Ohtamaa

Buildout and fearsome system-wide Distribute upgrade loop: solution available

Hi,

Domen Kožar has found the bug which causes buildout to go to loop where it tries to upgrade system-wide Python Distribute package forever:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/5818100/315168

This is very common, annoying, bug for Plone admins, as eventually you need to run buildout and if buildout thinks it needs to upgrade Distribute it will fail.

The bug is described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/9011583/315168

Does anyone has any contact surface to Distribute folks? Could we get this somehow fixed? Looks like neither Domen or me have the skill.

Martin Aspeli Martin Aspeli

Re: Buildout and fearsome system-wide Distribute upgrade loop: solution available

On 29 January 2012 13:37, Mikko Ohtamaa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Domen Kožar has found the bug which causes buildout to go to loop where it
> tries to upgrade system-wide Python Distribute package forever:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/q/5818100/315168
>
> This is very common, annoying, bug for Plone admins, as eventually you need
> to run buildout and if buildout thinks it needs to upgrade Distribute it
> will fail.
>
> The bug is described here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/9011583/315168
>
> Does anyone has any contact surface to Distribute folks? Could we get this
> somehow fixed? Looks like neither Domen or me have the skill.

Email the Python catalog-sig mailing list.

Martin

Wichert Akkerman Wichert Akkerman

On 2012-1-29 15:45, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> On 29 January 2012 13:37, Mikko Ohtamaa<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Domen Kožar has found the bug which causes buildout to go to loop where it
>> tries to upgrade system-wide Python Distribute package forever:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/q/5818100/315168
>>
>> This is very common, annoying, bug for Plone admins, as eventually you need
>> to run buildout and if buildout thinks it needs to upgrade Distribute it
>> will fail.
>>
>> The bug is described here:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/a/9011583/315168
>>
>> Does anyone has any contact surface to Distribute folks? Could we get this
>> somehow fixed? Looks like neither Domen or me have the skill.
>
> Email the Python catalog-sig mailing list.

distutils-sig please.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[hidden email]>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.

Martijn Pieters Martijn Pieters

Re: Buildout and fearsome system-wide Distribute upgrade loop: solution available

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 14:37, Mikko Ohtamaa
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone has any contact surface to Distribute folks? Could we get this
> somehow fixed? Looks like neither Domen or me have the skill.

The answer links to a bitbucket repository, which has an issue
tracker, so why not file things there?

As for the developers, one look at the commit history of that
repository should give you some hints as to whom to contact directly
if need be.

--
Martijn Pieters

aclark aclark

On 1/29/12 12:33 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> On 2012-1-29 15:45, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> On 29 January 2012 13:37, Mikko Ohtamaa<[hidden email]>   wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Domen Kožar has found the bug which causes buildout to go to loop where it
>>> tries to upgrade system-wide Python Distribute package forever:
>>>
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/q/5818100/315168
>>>
>>> This is very common, annoying, bug for Plone admins, as eventually you need
>>> to run buildout and if buildout thinks it needs to upgrade Distribute it
>>> will fail.
>>>
>>> The bug is described here:
>>>
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/a/9011583/315168
>>>
>>> Does anyone has any contact surface to Distribute folks? Could we get this
>>> somehow fixed? Looks like neither Domen or me have the skill.
>>
>> Email the Python catalog-sig mailing list.
>
> distutils-sig please.

Yep, and if you post there I can track it ; I have access to the
distribute repo on bitbucket IIRC.

--
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com