Branches and trunk and CMFPLone and...

Lennart Regebro-2 Lennart Regebro-2

Branches and trunk and CMFPLone and...

I fixed a thing on a branch of CMFPlone. Should I merge that to other
branches, and in that case which ones?

And is there some magic trick to setting up the development buildout?
I did it according to the docs, but there is *a lot* of tests failing.
I suspect that there is something slightly wrong, maybe I have the
incorrect combination of trunk checkouts and pinned packages or
something.

//Lennart-pretends-to-be-a-coredev

David Glick (Plone) David Glick (Plone)

Re: Branches and trunk and CMFPLone and...

On 11/7/13, 1:31 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> I fixed a thing on a branch of CMFPlone. Should I merge that to other
> branches, and in that case which ones?

Probably. What's the nature of the fix, and what branch did you start from?

> And is there some magic trick to setting up the development buildout?
> I did it according to the docs, but there is *a lot* of tests failing.
> I suspect that there is something slightly wrong, maybe I have the
> incorrect combination of trunk checkouts and pinned packages or
> something.

There are a lot of test isolation issues, so you can't just run bin/test
and expect it to work. You can do one of the following:
1. Run tests for a single package, with bin/test -s
dotted.path.to.package. This isn't thorough, but it's better than
nothing and jenkins will run all the tests once you commit.
2. Run tests for all packages with bin/alltests, which runs each
package's tests in a separate process (except for some groups configured
in tests.cfg as being safe to run together). This takes about 45 minutes.

If those don't help, tell me what kind of failures you're seeing.

Lennart Regebro-2 Lennart Regebro-2

Re: Branches and trunk and CMFPLone and...

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM, David Glick (Plone)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 11/7/13, 1:31 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>
>> I fixed a thing on a branch of CMFPlone. Should I merge that to other
>> branches, and in that case which ones?
>
> Probably. What's the nature of the fix, and what branch did you start from?

The 4.3.x branch. It's a fix that makes the password reset procedure
happen on the navigation root instead of the portal.

> 2. Run tests for all packages with bin/alltests, which runs each package's
> tests in a separate process (except for some groups configured in tests.cfg
> as being safe to run together). This takes about 45 minutes.
>
> If those don't help, tell me what kind of failures you're seeing.

Ah, that was the piece I was missing, I forgot about alltests.

//Lennart

On 11/8/13, 3:08 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM, David Glick (Plone)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 11/7/13, 1:31 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>> I fixed a thing on a branch of CMFPlone. Should I merge that to other
>>> branches, and in that case which ones?
>> Probably. What's the nature of the fix, and what branch did you start from?
> The 4.3.x branch. It's a fix that makes the password reset procedure
> happen on the navigation root instead of the portal.

Definitely merge it to CMFPlone master.

This is on the line between bugfix and feature, so it's your call if you
want to backport it to Plone 4.2.