Quantcast

Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

12
Eric Steele (esteele) Eric Steele (esteele)

Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Hi all,

I spent some time talking with Geir and Nathan about the UI Team during the Bristol sprint. We've been lax about getting the team up and running so far and I'm ready to really start making a push. To that end, could we get together for a conference call or IRC chat to discuss what our first steps should be?

Also, I'd like to add Rob Gietema to the team. Mainly because he deserves to be there, but also to serve as a liaison between the UI and Framework teams.

Eric
Nathan Van Gheem Nathan Van Gheem

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

FWIW, I think a conference call would be most beneficial if that can
work for everyone.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Eric Steele <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I spent some time talking with Geir and Nathan about the UI Team during the Bristol sprint. We've been lax about getting the team up and running so far and I'm ready to really start making a push. To that end, could we get together for a conference call or IRC chat to discuss what our first steps should be?
>
> Also, I'd like to add Rob Gietema to the team. Mainly because he deserves to be there, but also to serve as a liaison between the UI and Framework teams.
>
> Eric
robgietema robgietema

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

I'm up for a conference call.

--
Rob

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <[hidden email]> wrote:
FWIW, I think a conference call would be most beneficial if that can
work for everyone.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Eric Steele <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I spent some time talking with Geir and Nathan about the UI Team during the Bristol sprint. We've been lax about getting the team up and running so far and I'm ready to really start making a push. To that end, could we get together for a conference call or IRC chat to discuss what our first steps should be?
>
> Also, I'd like to add Rob Gietema to the team. Mainly because he deserves to be there, but also to serve as a liaison between the UI and Framework teams.
>
> Eric
sisi nutt-2 sisi nutt-2

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Brilliant that Rob is joining the team.

I also think a conference call is a good idea, but might be harder to
organise. I can make any evening next week and all day on fridays,
saturdays and sundays with enough notice. If we meet around 23:00
european time, that's about the end of the working day in the US (west
coast), right?

Cheers,
sisi

Denys Mishunov Denys Mishunov

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Hi all,

Welcome, Rob! :)

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM, sisi nutt-2 [via Plone]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I also think a conference call is a good idea, but might be harder to
> organise. I can make any evening next week and all day on fridays,
> saturdays and sundays with enough notice. If we meet around 23:00
> european time, that's about the end of the working day in the US (west
> coast), right?

I am all for the conference call. But 23:00 is not realistic for me. I
can join the call in the 07:30-17:00 (CET) and 19:30-22:00 (CET) slots
during the work days or only the evening slot during the weekends.

I could join at 23:00, but only on IRC though.

--
Best regards,
Denys Mishunov

http://twitter.com/mishunov • spliter (#plone) •
http://no.linkedin.com/in/denysmishunov
Geir Bækholt-2 Geir Bækholt-2

On 15-07-2011 10:20, sisi nutt wrote:
> Brilliant that Rob is joining the team.
>
> I also think a conference call is a good idea, but might be harder to
> organise. I can make any evening next week and all day on fridays,
> saturdays and sundays with enough notice. If we meet around 23:00
> european time, that's about the end of the working day in the US (west
> coast), right?

Correct.

The coming week, i can meet mon, tue, wed. European working hours or
22/23:00 at night CEST.

23 central european time is probably best if everyone can manage. Who is
in Europe?
Sisi, Rob and myself?

--
Geir Bækholt
www.jarn.com/baekholt

On 15-07-2011 23:42, Geir Bækholt wrote:
> 23 central european time is probably best if everyone can manage. Who is
> in Europe?
> Sisi, Rob and myself?

and Denys, of course.

--
Geir Bækholt
www.jarn.com/baekholt

Nathan Van Gheem Nathan Van Gheem

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

The days/times Gier suggested would work for me.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Geir Bækholt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15-07-2011 23:42, Geir Bækholt wrote:
>>
>> 23 central european time is probably best if everyone can manage. Who is
>> in Europe?
>> Sisi, Rob and myself?
>
> and Denys, of course.
>

> --
> Geir Bækholt
> www.jarn.com/baekholt

sisi nutt-2 sisi nutt-2

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Denys can't do 23:00, can we try for 22:00 or is that too late for you Denys?

Denys Mishunov Denys Mishunov

Fwd: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Just realized that I have sent my response to Sis only. Forwarding my response from yesterday to the list.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Denys Mishunov <[hidden email]>
> Date: July 15, 2011 11:34:19 AM GMT+02:00
> To: "sisi nutt-2 [via Plone]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)
>
> Hi all,
>
> Welcome, Rob! :)
>
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM, sisi nutt-2 [via Plone]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I also think a conference call is a good idea, but might be harder to
>> organise. I can make any evening next week and all day on fridays,
>> saturdays and sundays with enough notice. If we meet around 23:00
>> european time, that's about the end of the working day in the US (west
>> coast), right?
>
> I am all for the conference call. But 23:00 is not realistic for me. I
> can join the call in the 07:30-17:00 (CET) and 19:30-22:00 (CET) slots
> during the work days or only the evening slot during the weekends.
>
> I could join at 23:00, but only on IRC though.

--
Best regards,
Denys Mishunov

mailto:[hidden email]
IRC: spliter(#plone)

On Jul 16, 2011, at 7:58 AM, Denys Mishunov wrote:

> Just realized that I have sent my response to Sis only. Forwarding my response from yesterday to the list.

To Sisi, of course. Excuse me. I should not email while to woken up completely :-P

--
Best regards,
Denys Mishunov

mailto:[hidden email]
IRC: spliter(#plone)

On Jul 16, 2011, at 7:33 AM, sisi nutt-2 [via Plone] wrote:

> Denys can't do 23:00, can we try for 22:00 or is that too late for you Denys?

As I said, 22:00 is the end border time when I can have a phone call, so if we start at 22:00 I will, probably, not be able to participate. On the other hand 21:00 might work for me. 20:00 is the best, but I think it might not fit other people. The problem is that I will have to make the phone call from the office and getting back and forth on the bicycle in the evening, somehow, doesn't look tempting to me :) I can not have the phone call from home — don't have enough space to not disturb my sleeping daughter.

So, you, guys, decide what fits better for the majority and I will see whether I can join or not.

--
Best regards,
Denys Mishunov

mailto:[hidden email]
IRC: spliter(#plone)
Alexander Limi Alexander Limi

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Late to the thread, but Rob, Martin & myself have had an informal weekly conference call for the past few weeks to talk about Deco & CMSUI, and I'd love to extend this type of call to more people.

Our current meeting was 1pm PST (10pm CET) on Thursdays, but I can do other days too. Tuesdays are best for me overall — anytime between 10am PST (7pm CET) and 3pm PST (midnight CET).

Anyway, count me in!

Now, back to mock-ups for CMSUI toolbar refinements. ;)

--
Alex Limi · +limi · @limi · limi.net

On 16-07-2011 03:08, Nathan Van Gheem wrote:
> The days/times Gier suggested would work for me.

I have made a quick doodle poll for this week.

Please note that the days are mon, wed, thu.
(tuesday removed as there is another meeting happening with 3 of the
team members on)

http://www.doodle.com/5u7489ib6y5zvk42

--
Geir Bækholt
www.jarn.com/baekholt

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Geir Bækholt <[hidden email]> wrote:
(tuesday removed as there is another meeting happening with 3 of the team members on)

Next week, that is indeed the case — but this isn't a repeating event, so I assume Tuesdays could work after next week? :)

--
Alex Limi · +limi · @limi · limi.net

sisi nutt-2 sisi nutt-2

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Tuesday evenings are always fine with me.

Geir, could you expand the doodle poll to include during the day for
this week? If everyone else can do during the day wednesday and
thursday I can sort something out with my work, leave the office early
or something.

Cheers,
sisi

On 19 July 2011 11:19, Alex Limi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Geir Bækholt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> (tuesday removed as there is another meeting happening with 3 of the team
>> members on)
>
> Next week, that is indeed the case — but this isn't a repeating event, so I
> assume Tuesdays could work after next week? :)
>
> --
> Alex Limi · +limi · @limi · limi.net

Geir Bækholt-2 Geir Bækholt-2

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

> Next week, that is indeed the case — but this isn't a repeating event, so
> I assume Tuesdays could work after next week? :)

Indeed. We are just trying to get a bootstrap meeting going, not schedule
the future yet .

--
Geir Bækholt

sisi nutt-2 sisi nutt-2

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Last time we tried to bootstrap with a meeting we couldn't decide on a
date and it never happened.
I fear history is repeating itself!

I can be as flexible as possible next week, but the week after that I
am in Dayton Ohio all week, whoo-hoo! And consequently off the grid :)

On 20 July 2011 00:13, Geir Bækholt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Next week, that is indeed the case — but this isn't a repeating event, so
>> I assume Tuesdays could work after next week? :)
>
> Indeed. We are just trying to get a bootstrap meeting going, not schedule
> the future yet .
>
> --
> Geir Bækholt

Nathan Van Gheem Nathan Van Gheem

Re: Bootstraps (not the .py kind)

Yah, I think we just need to get a time down and hope that most the
people can make it. Perhaps we can just set a standing meeting once a
month and send out an email with notes on what we discussed for those
who missed.

On 20. juli 2011, at 23:32, Nathan Van Gheem wrote:

> Yah, I think we just need to get a time down and hope that most the
> people can make it. Perhaps we can just set a standing meeting once a
> month and send out an email with notes on what we discussed for those
> who missed.

This is a good idea, and the one that has worked best with all such setups i have been part of.
Make a Doodle for the general case, since there are people on both continents.

(I am on vacation and mostly offline for the next 2 weeks.)

--
Geir Bækholt

12