Quantcast

Beware: plone.reload not pinned

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
MikeMetcalfe MikeMetcalfe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Beware: plone.reload not pinned

I've just been bitten installing plone 3.3.5 (using unifiedinstaller) with a buildout that contains the plone.reload egg.  Because it is not in the buildoutout-cache the latest version (2.0b1) is pull down which requires Zope2 >= 2.12 which causes mayhem. To solve, this pin plone.reload==1.5.

--
Mike Metcalfe

WebTide 
082 903 8268



_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/product-developers
aclark aclark
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Beware: plone.reload not pinned

On 4/12/11 10:21 AM, Mike Metcalfe wrote:
> I've just been bitten installing plone 3.3.5 (using unifiedinstaller)
> with a buildout that contains the plone.reload egg.  Because it is not
> in the buildoutout-cache the latest version (2.0b1) is pull down which
> requires Zope2 >= 2.12 which causes mayhem. To solve, this pin
> plone.reload==1.5.


Yeah, Hanno said recently in IRC that 2.x is for 4.x and 1.x is for 3.x
and possible 2.x… FWIW.

On a related note, anyone interested in trying to implement an
auto-reload feature such that code gets reloaded whenever a .py file
changes (a la Django)?

Alex

> --
> Mike Metcalfe
>
> WebTide
> 082 903 8268
> [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Product-Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/product-developers


--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net/training

_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/product-developers
Mikko Ohtamaa Mikko Ohtamaa
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Beware: plone.reload not pinned

aclark wrote
On a related note, anyone interested in trying to implement an
auto-reload feature such that code gets reloaded whenever a .py file
changes (a la Django)?
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.autorestart/trunk/README.txt

Currently Linux only, but should be easy to expand the support with OS specific file change notify bindings (by the writing no generic Python solution was available).

Some fork magic must be implemented to make it faster.

1)Load Zope to a point we know it is stable (e.g. zero add-ons loaded)

2) Suspend the process

3) Fork

4) Continue loading add-ons in the child

5) When files change, kill the fork and start from 2 again

This would save us from the initial Zope start-up overhead and I think Django does something similar.
aclark aclark
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Beware: plone.reload not pinned

On 4/12/11 5:08 PM, Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:

>
> aclark wrote:
>>
>> On a related note, anyone interested in trying to implement an
>> auto-reload feature such that code gets reloaded whenever a .py file
>> changes (a la Django)?
>>
>
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.autorestart/trunk/README.txt
>
> Currently Linux only, but should be easy to expand the support with OS
> specific file change notify bindings (by the writing no generic Python
> solution was available).
>
> Some fork magic must be implemented to make it faster.
>
> 1)Load Zope to a point we know it is stable (e.g. zero add-ons loaded)
>
> 2) Suspend the process
>
> 3) Fork
>
> 4) Continue loading add-ons in the child
>
> 5) When files change, kill the fork and start from 2 again
>
> This would save us from the initial Zope start-up overhead and I think
> Django does something similar.


Nice! Will check it out, thanks.



>
> -----
>
> Follow me in Twitter
>
>
>
> Download mFabrik News for iPhone
> or Android
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/Beware-plone-reload-not-pinned-tp6265328p6266787.html
> Sent from the Product Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net/training

_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/product-developers
Loading...