Quantcast

[ANN] collective.conference

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Khairil Yusof-4 Khairil Yusof-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[ANN] collective.conference

Hi all,

Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're
working on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a
conference including registration, scheduling with multiple track (room)
support.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.conference/1.0a1
https://github.com/inigoconsulting/collective.conference

It will be good enough to manage a real event in the form of Fedora
Users and Developer's Conference Asia-Pacific in May. It will include
features like registration, tracking sponsorships, travel/accommodation
etc. For scheduling it also has to be flexible enough to easily move
sessions around barcamp style, including changing speakers.

Early preview: http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite

Cheers
_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
c.ledermann c.ledermann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

sweet :)

BTW, I like the theme, can you share this too?


On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Khairil Yusof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're working
> on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a conference
> including registration, scheduling with multiple track (room) support.
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.conference/1.0a1
> https://github.com/inigoconsulting/collective.conference
>
> It will be good enough to manage a real event in the form of Fedora Users
> and Developer's Conference Asia-Pacific in May. It will include features
> like registration, tracking sponsorships, travel/accommodation etc. For
> scheduling it also has to be flexible enough to easily move sessions around
> barcamp style, including changing speakers.
>
> Early preview: http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite
>
> Cheers
> _______________________________________________
> Product-Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers



--
Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Nairobi - Kenya
Mobile : +254 702978914

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>
_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
Khairil Yusof-4 Khairil Yusof-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

On Wed 14 Mar 2012 17:55:35 MYT, Christian Ledermann wrote:

> BTW, I like the theme, can you share this too?

Sure. We eat our own dog food for this as it's used for our company
website. :)

https://github.com/inigoconsulting/diazotheme.bootstrap

Twitter Bootstrap 2.0 changes should be pulled soon from
https://github.com/kagesenshi/diazotheme.bootstrap



> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Khairil Yusof<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're working
>> on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a conference
>> including registration, scheduling with multiple track (room) support.
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.conference/1.0a1
>> https://github.com/inigoconsulting/collective.conference
>>
>> It will be good enough to manage a real event in the form of Fedora Users
>> and Developer's Conference Asia-Pacific in May. It will include features
>> like registration, tracking sponsorships, travel/accommodation etc. For
>> scheduling it also has to be flexible enough to easily move sessions around
>> barcamp style, including changing speakers.
>>
>> Early preview: http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite
>>
>> Cheers
>> _______________________________________________
>> Product-Developers mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
>



_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
yuri-2 yuri-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

In reply to this post by Khairil Yusof-4
Il 14/03/2012 10:31, Khairil Yusof ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're
> working on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a
> conference including registration, scheduling with multiple track
> (room) support.
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.conference/1.0a1
> https://github.com/inigoconsulting/collective.conference
>
> It will be good enough to manage a real event in the form of Fedora
> Users and Developer's Conference Asia-Pacific in May. It will include
> features like registration, tracking sponsorships,
> travel/accommodation etc. For scheduling it also has to be flexible
> enough to easily move sessions around barcamp style, including
> changing speakers.
>
> Early preview: http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite

Great work!

  I've some experience on creating conferences websites, I'll follow
your project because it is very interesting. Do you handle also rewiewing?
_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
Khairil Yusof-4 Khairil Yusof-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

On 14/03/12 18:11, Yuri wrote:

<snip>

>> It will be good enough to manage a real event in the form of Fedora
>> Users and Developer's Conference Asia-Pacific in May. It will include
>> features like registration, tracking sponsorships,
>> travel/accommodation etc. For scheduling it also has to be flexible
>> enough to easily move sessions around barcamp style, including
>> changing speakers.
>>
>> Early preview: http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite
>
> Great work!
>
> I've some experience on creating conferences websites, I'll follow your
> project because it is very interesting. Do you handle also rewiewing?

Registrations? Talks? Yes, we're also handling anonymous (non-logged in)
registration and approvals.

Regional FUDCON is quite a big international event, so we should be
covering most common use cases. The one use case we probably won't cover
at this stage is registration payments. We will cover sponsored
participants use case though, who need to be reimbursed.

Regards
_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
Jean Jordaan Jean Jordaan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

In reply to this post by Khairil Yusof-4
> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're working
> on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a conference
> including registration, scheduling with multiple track (room) support.

Awesome!

Is there anything (code, ideas) from the PloneConf sites that can be reused?

--
jean                                              . .. .... //\\\oo///\\
_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
Khairil Yusof-4 Khairil Yusof-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

On Wed 14 Mar 2012 18:24:45 MYT, Jean Jordaan wrote:
>> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're working
>> on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a conference
>> including registration, scheduling with multiple track (room) support.
>
> Awesome!
>
> Is there anything (code, ideas) from the PloneConf sites that can be reused?

We did look at the PloneConf sites, as well as other conference sites,
in addition to our own experience of organizing a few large community
and non-profit events.

As mentioned, the only one we won't cover for the initial stable
version is any form of payment and tracking payments. Previously we've
had to do the painful way of reconciling bank statements/cash receipts
against a spreadsheet. This is one feature I think quite a lot of
people probably want.

The other one we can think of is task/checklist management with ready
template of common tasks you have to do. That's something on the
wishlist. For now, a page used as a wiki will do.


_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
c.ledermann c.ledermann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

I like
https://github.com/inigoconsulting/collective.openidselector

very much too, great stuff ;)

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Khairil Yusof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed 14 Mar 2012 18:24:45 MYT, Jean Jordaan wrote:
>>>
>>> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're
>>> working
>>> on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a conference
>>> including registration, scheduling with multiple track (room) support.
>>
>>
>> Awesome!
>>
>> Is there anything (code, ideas) from the PloneConf sites that can be
>> reused?
>
>
> We did look at the PloneConf sites, as well as other conference sites, in
> addition to our own experience of organizing a few large community and
> non-profit events.
>
> As mentioned, the only one we won't cover for the initial stable version is
> any form of payment and tracking payments. Previously we've had to do the
> painful way of reconciling bank statements/cash receipts against a
> spreadsheet. This is one feature I think quite a lot of people probably
> want.
>
> The other one we can think of is task/checklist management with ready
> template of common tasks you have to do. That's something on the wishlist.
> For now, a page used as a wiki will do.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Product-Developers mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers



--
Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Nairobi - Kenya
Mobile : +254 702978914

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>
_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
Érico Andrei-2 Érico Andrei-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

In reply to this post by Khairil Yusof-4
On 14/03/12 02:31, Khairil Yusof wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're
> working on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a
> conference including registration, scheduling with multiple track
> (room) support.
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.conference/1.0a1
> https://github.com/inigoconsulting/collective.conference
>
> It will be good enough to manage a real event in the form of Fedora
> Users and Developer's Conference Asia-Pacific in May. It will include
> features like registration, tracking sponsorships,
> travel/accommodation etc. For scheduling it also has to be flexible
> enough to easily move sessions around barcamp style, including
> changing speakers.
>
> Early preview: http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite

Congrats!!

I'll need something like that for Plone Symposium South America and
other small conferences I deal with it.

best,
érico andrei
_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
David Glick (GW) David Glick (GW)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

In reply to this post by Khairil Yusof-4
On 3/14/12 2:31 AM, Khairil Yusof wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just announcing that with help of Fedora community volunteers, we're
> working on an add-on that provides all the features needed for a
> conference including registration, scheduling with multiple track (room)
> support.
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.conference/1.0a1
> https://github.com/inigoconsulting/collective.conference
>
> It will be good enough to manage a real event in the form of Fedora
> Users and Developer's Conference Asia-Pacific in May. It will include
> features like registration, tracking sponsorships, travel/accommodation
> etc. For scheduling it also has to be flexible enough to easily move
> sessions around barcamp style, including changing speakers.
>
> Early preview: http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite
>
Cool, thanks for sharing! Anything suggestions of improvements we could
make to Dexterity that would have made the project easier?
David


----------
David Glick
 Web Developer
 [hidden email]
 206.286.1235x32

The Engagement Party 2012. So much more fun than the wedding reception.

http://www.npoengagementparty.com


_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
Khairil Yusof-4 Khairil Yusof-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ANN] collective.conference

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 12:46 -0700, David Glick wrote:

> Cool, thanks for sharing! Anything suggestions of improvements we could
> make to Dexterity that would have made the project easier?
> David

Izhar who coded almost all of this, should have a list soon of more
complicated issues.

For me, dexterity is missing back reference documentation (or simpler
way).

With Archetypes, when you set up a reference field including a named
reference, it does it all for you (including updating reference index)
and getting a back reference in a view would be as simple as calling
Bref(relation_name=").


---

Participant: Storing relations to Session they're attending, and
displaying them (ok).

Volunteers: Storing relations to Session they're attending, and
displaying them (ok).


Session: Showing Participants and Volunteers (separated) linked to this
Session. Have to go figure it out yourself at z3c.relationsfield docs.

I think we need to simply this somewhere in the core, to make it easier
for this common use case for people coming from AT.

Regards

_______________________________________________
Product-Developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-product-developers
Loading...