Quantcast

4.0rc1 released

Eric Steele (esteele) Eric Steele (esteele)

4.0rc1 released

It looks like my soft-release announcement never made it out of my drafts folder yesterday. In any case, RC1 is now available: http://dist.plone.org/release/4.0rc1/versions.cfg

Installers coming shortly.

Great job, everyone!
Eric
Alexander Limi Alexander Limi

Re: 4.0rc1 released

Thank you, esteemed (esteeled?) release manager!

And for those of you who didn't know, Eric was also involved in a slightly different kind of release a few days ago. Welcome, Emma!

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Eric Steele <[hidden email]> wrote:
It looks like my soft-release announcement never made it out of my drafts folder yesterday. In any case, RC1 is now available: http://dist.plone.org/release/4.0rc1/versions.cfg

Installers coming shortly.

Great job, everyone!
Eric

Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Roché Compaan Roché Compaan

Re: 4.0rc1 released

Congrats Eric!

I find the long term vision of the Plone community quite astounding.
Somebody should start charting Plone babies born each year ;-)

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 13:05 -0700, Alexander Limi wrote:

> Thank you, esteemed (esteeled?) release manager!
>
> And for those of you who didn't know, Eric was also involved in a
> slightly different kind of release a few days ago. Welcome, Emma!
>

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Eric Steele <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         It looks like my soft-release announcement never made it out
>         of my drafts folder yesterday. In any case, RC1 is now
>         available: http://dist.plone.org/release/4.0rc1/versions.cfg
>
>         Installers coming shortly.
>
>         Great job, everyone!
>         Eric

> Alexander Limi · http://limi.net

Sidnei da Silva-3 Sidnei da Silva-3

Re: 4.0rc1 released

I've got an installer with the latest fixes from Kleist. Hopefully it
is good to go, but I would like someone to confirm before making a
brown-bag release *wink*.

Get it from:

  http://people.canonical.com/~sidnei/Plone/4.0rc1/

-- Sidnei

Karl Johan Kleist Karl Johan Kleist

Re: 4.0rc1 released

I've done a basic sanity test:

* install, with manual service start

* start service from controller, verified with "bin/instance status"

* stopp service from controller, verified with "bin/instance status", and verified that .pid and .lock files are gone from var/

* bin/instance remove (as windows administrator), verified that windows service has been removed

* bin/instance install (as windows administrator), verified that windows service has been installed

* bin/instance start (as windows administrator), verified with "bin/instance status"

* bin/instance stop (as windows administrator)

  Here we have an issue (as reported by https://bugs.launchpad.net/collective.buildout/+bug/596839/comments/8) which we might want to mention in the rc1 release notes:

  .pid and .lock files remain in var/, and "bin/instance status" reports "program running; pid=1736"

* remove .pid and .lock files remain from var/

 Uh oh!  "> del .\var\instance.lock
Remove-Item : Cannot remove item D:\local\Plone-4.0rc1\var\instance.lock: The process cannot access the file 'D:\local\Plone-4.0rc1\var\instance.lock' because it is being used by another process."

* using "Sysinternals Process Explorer" (why is there no "lsof" in PowerShell?!), i find that the file is locked by a process that had been started with this command line:

"D:\local\Plone-4.0rc1\python\python.exe" "d:\local\plone-4.0rc1\buildout-cache\eggs\zope2-2.12.10-py2.6-win32.egg\Zope2\Startup\run.py" "-C" "D:\local\Plone-4.0rc1\parts\instance\etc\zope.conf"

* killing process 1736, "bin/instance status" now reports "demon manager running; daemon process not running"

* bin/instance fg, verifying no errors (just the common "2010-08-12 07:24:35 WARNING ZODB.blob (3876) Blob dir D:\local\Plone-4.0rc1\var\blobstorage\ has insecure mode setting")

* ctrl + C, "instance.exe status" reports "demon manager running; daemon process not running", verified that .pid and .lock files are gone from var/

* bin/instance console

* visit "http://127.0.0.1:8080/", clicked "create a new plone site" and verified the front-page

So, we're almost there...
Sidnei da Silva-3 Sidnei da Silva-3

Re: 4.0rc1 released

I've uploaded the build to
http://launchpad.net/plone/4.0/4.0rc1/+download/Plone-4.0rc1.exe

Can someone update the release page on plone.org?

-- Sidnei

On Aug 12, 2010, at 1:56 PM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> I've uploaded the build to
> http://launchpad.net/plone/4.0/4.0rc1/+download/Plone-4.0rc1.exe
>
> Can someone update the release page on plone.org?
>
> -- Sidnei

Done. And so the 7-day clock starts on RC1. :)

Eric